Hi everyone and happy Monday!
Today I am going to share a dessert recipe with you: Key Lime Pie.
I wish I had tried this recipe over the summer as it would have been lovely after a BBQ. It's really fresh and creamy and great if you want to impress your friends and family without spending hours in the kitchen.
It will have to set in the fridge for a few hours and even better overnight, so there's no last minute preparation! What more can you ask for?!
There it is:
INGREDIENTS: Serves 10 people. 5 syns per slice
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 50 gr low fat spread
- 1 sachet sugar free lemon and lime jelly
- 250 gr quark
- 2 x 175 gr muller light vanilla yoghurt
- a few drops of green food colouring
- zest of 2 limes plus the juice of 4 limes
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- Make up the jelly with 150 ml of boiled water and let cool. Add the powdered gelatine.
- Crumble the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted low fat spread.
- Press this mixture very tight with the back of a spoon at the bottom of a 20cm springform baking tray.
- In a blender mix the quark cheese, 2 muller light, the juice of 4 limes, the zest of 2 limes, and the food colouring.
- Mix in the jelly when is completely cold and pour the whole mixture over the base.
- Let it set overnight in the fridge and enjoy.
Send me some pics if you make it. I would love to see them!! :-)