Monday 1 September 2014

Bolognese Pasta sauce

What can I say ... I am Italian, and as a true Italian I love my pasta! I have to have it at least once a week and it's always a bit hit with my family.  
There are so many sauces you can serve your pasta with, but one of our favourites has to be with Bolognese sauce.  Here is how I make it Slimming World friendly:

INGREDIENTS: (syn free on Extra Easy)
Serves 4



350 gr extra lean mince
1 large onion
3 medium carrots
3 celery stalks
2 garlic cloves
1 tin of tomato purée
700 ml beef stock (made up with 2 stock cubes)


METHOD:

Dice the onion, carrots, celery and garlic.  Spray a large saucepan with Frylight and cook the vegetable till softened.




Stir in the extra lean mince meat and cook it for a few minutes till browned.




Stir in the tomato purée and the beef stock and let it simmer







About an hour later your sauce should look like this:





If you don't mind using a few syns and want to give your pasta that authentic Italian flavour you can add 175ml of red wine when you add the extra lean mince meat (6 syns. It works out at about 1.5 syns per serving).  

When the sauce is ready, boil your favourite pasta shape in salty water, drain and serve with your bolognese sauce.  If you like it,you can sprinkle some parmesan cheese (HEA)




Buon Appetito!








No comments:

Post a Comment