Thursday 25 September 2014

Pizza Topped Chicken

Whenever I feel like having something really tasty and don't have too much time to spend in the kitchen, the pizza topped chicken is one of my options.  
I love the sweetness of the sauce, and what to say about the cheese: I adore cheese!

I usually use the low fat cheese and count it as my HEA so that the whole recipe is syn free.

This is how I make it:


INGREDIENTS: (syn free if using cheese as HEA)
serves 4


  • 4 chicken breasts
  • 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
  • 1 small onion (finely chopped)
  • 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
  • half a tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 50 ml of stock
  • 160 gr low fat cheese



METHOD:

  • Spray a saucepan with frylight and sautee the pepper, onion and garlic for a few minutes.
  • Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato puree, oregano, stock and simmer for a few minutes.
  • Spray a pan with Frylight, butterfly the chicken breast and fry till it gets a bit of colour on both sides.
  • Place the chicken breast in an oven proof tray, top it with the sauce and put cheese on top.
  • Cook in hot oven at 180 degrees for about 25 mins or till fully cooked and enjoy it with Slimming World chips and a side salad








Have you ever tried it?

Send me pics if you make it.  I would love to hear if you enjoyed it xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment