The recipe I will share with you today is sweet and sour chicken with boiled rice. Quite easy to make and very tasty.
I served it with boiled rice but I tried it with noodles before and it's just as nice :-)
INGREDIENTS: serves 4 about 1 syn per serving on Extra Easy
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 3 carrots finely sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 150ml chicken stock
- 400g fresh pineapple flesh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 spring onions to decorate
- Spray a pan or a wok with Frylight (cooking spray). Place the diced chicken breast and fry till brown. Remove and put on a plate.
- Spray some more cooking spray to the pan and add the garlic, onion, pepper, and carrots. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the vegetables and fry for a couple of minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 tbsp of water with cornflour, wine vinegar, soy sauce, tomato puree and stock. Add it to the pan and cook it for a few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the pineapple.
- Serve with boiled rice or noodles and decorate with finely slices spring onion.
- Enjoy your meal.
My family loved this recipe. I added some hot chilly pepper to mine as I loooove spicy food!!
Please, do send me pictures if you make this recipe. I will definitely be making this again, next time with noodles :-)