My 10-year old always asks for this recipe and I am also glad he is starting to develop a taste for spicy foods (provided it's not too spicy or he gulps down litres of water :-/)
Today I will share the recipe for the Chilli con Carne with Boiled Rice: a beautiful Mexican recipe made from scratch the healthy way :-)
INGREDIENTS: serves 4 syn free on Extra Easy
- 500 gr extra lean mince meat
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 large red peppers chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch of chilli pepper
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml beef stock
- 400 gr tin kidney beans
- Spray a pan with Frylight (cooking spray). Add the garlic, red onion, and peppers and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the mince and cook till brown.
- Add the cumin, paprika and coriander and mix well to season the meat and vegetables.
- Mix the stock, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and simmer till thickened. Add some chilli pepper to taste if you like it spicy.
- Serve with fried rice or if you are in the mood of real comfort food, serve with Slimming World chips.
- Follow with a naughty glass of wine :-)
Yummy comfort food without the guilt ;-)